Blogging is not an easy way to make an income from home, but it’s about the most flexible way. The income has been a blessing to our family. It’s also been such a blast!
the 6-Figure Blog Challenge is March 15-19, 2021. Grab your ticket here!
My Monthly Goals…Why do I set them? Why do I share them here?
- Setting goals helps me remain focused.
- Sharing my goals helps to hold me accountable.
- I hope that it may inspire you to set goals for yourself.
Are you new to goal setting? Here are a few posts that may help or inspire you:
- How to Set Goals using Short Challenges and Mini Goals
- How Short Challenges and Mini Goals Work for Me
- One Simple Task to Help You Follow Through On Your Goals
February: My goal was to be in bed for 7 hours at least 5 nights of the week. I hit this goal. For a change, I made sleep a priority this month and was able to get myself to bed at a decent time somewhat consistently. We had a week of bad sleep due to sick kiddos, so I was happy I was getting decent sleep leading up to that week. (Note: I give myself credit for 7 hours if I went to bed and got up 7 hours later. I don’t back out the time I’m up with my girls.)
March: Continue to be in bed for 7 hours at least 5 nights of the week. If you have trouble making sleep a priority, check out these helpful resources: Sleep It Does a Family Good and Make Over Your Mornings.
February: My goal was to workout 3-4 times per week. I hit this goal. I also wanted to complete at least 10 minutes of activity on off days, and I missed a few days with this one. This daily activity was part of my January Mini Goal.
Weekly “date” night with hubby
February: One movie, game or date night per week. Thanks to my parents for babysitting, we had a date night with a walk around the lakes, Thai food, and a movie. I think we watched a movie at home the rest of the weeks? I didn’t actually track that.
March: Continue one movie, game or date night per week. We have been using VidAngel to watch movies at home. It’s just $1 per movie, we don’t have to leave the house to find a Red Box, and it’s not a subscription service. We have watched our last 10 movies with it and are happy with how easy and cheap it is. I wrote a post about VidAngel if you are curious how it works.
Monthly outing with our family
February: It’s easy to just get into the daily grind and not make the time to have an outing as a family, so I wanted to plan one fun activity for the four of us in February. There was an outdoor cross-country skiing festival at the lakes in February. We bundled the girls up and spent the evening walking and watching the skiers on the lakes. It was chilly, but fun!
March: Plan one fun activity for the four of us in March.
New Healthy Habit from my 12 Mini Goal Challenge
February: Cut back on evening snacking. I did shockingly well on this goal. I missed 6 nights, but I am satisfied with that. I found that the key was eating a bigger dinner and also having a tasty, high-protein snack available.
March: Complete the 30-Day Pilates Body Challenge as part of my March Mini Goal. Read more about my 12 Mini-Goals Challenge. I also want to continue to focus on my February goal of less evening snacking.
February: I recently purchased Daily Devotional New Testament: Through the New Testament in a Year. This daily devotional includes two readings from the New Testament, a short reflection, a portion of the Psalms and a thoughts for prayer section. I started it at the end of January, so wanted to catch up on the devotions in February. While I read it every morning, I didn’t quite catch up with the missed devotions from early January. I want to take my time and not just skim through it for the sake of catching up.
I enjoyed reading this devotion every morning. I have spent the last year or so changing up my daily devotion and I liked just having one that I go to every morning.
March: Continue to read Daily Devotional New Testament: Through the New Testament in a Year every morning.
Morning devotion with my girls
February: I wanted to read a daily devotion or bible story with my girls at breakfast each morning. We did this almost every morning and we all loved it! I think this is here to stay.
March: Read a daily devotion or bible story with my girls at breakfast each morning. We are currently reading First Bible Stories.
February: My goal was to finish A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. I was sad to finish the book, as I didn’t want it to be done. I wanted to continue reading about Francie and her life in turn-of-the-century Brooklyn. I was attached to Francie, her story, and her life. I recommend picking up this book.
March: Finish Bringing Up Girls: Practical Advice and Encouragement for Those Shaping the Next Generation of Women. I started this in February and am definitely highlighting as I go. Such an important topic!
February: I thought that this Valentine’s idea was a special one. I didn’t end up doing this, but I still made Valentines for my daughters. I will be sharing a post about the Valentines later this week.
Make Photo Calendar
February: Complete 2016 calendar. Done! This was my first calendar with Mixbook and it was my favorite, by far. I cannot imagine I will want to use any other photo company next year.
March: It feels so good to get rid of stuff we don’t need, but I don’t always find the motivation to spend time on this. I would like to have a weekly decluttering session at home.
March: I enjoy doing my taxes. :) I will have to do research on how blogging income will come into play.
February Blog Goals
- I enjoyed working on my Health and Wellness Printable Workbook and even sold a few! I would like to get started on a second workbook or printable packet in February. I switched gears and decided against spending time on this February.
- January was my best month by far for page views (almost double December!), and I’m excited about the growth. Some of it was because Money Saving Mom shared my 12 Mini-Goals Challenge. I would like to see that my page views continue to go up in February. Nope. January was just a crazy-high month.
- Work ahead and plan out the 12 Mini Goals Challenge for March. I’m excited to start this goal March 1.
March Blog Goals
- I am joining Her View From Home as a contributor in March. My first post as a contributor goes live on Friday, March 4.
- Publish How to Start a Blog post.
- Update Spring Cleaning Printable from last year.
- Clean up the categories/navigation bar on my blog.
- Research blogging income and taxes.
- Set aside time to plan next printable workbook.
- For one week in March: record how blogging time in spent.
- Work ahead and plan out the 12 Mini-Goals Challenge for April. I would also like to map out a tentative plan for the rest of the year.
- Increase page views from February.