My Monthly Goals…Why do I set them? Why do I share them here?
- Setting goals helps me remain focused.
- Sharing my goals helps to hold me accountable.
- I hope that it may inspire you to set goals for yourself.
Are you new to goal setting? Here are a few posts that may help or inspire you:
- How to Set Goals using Short Challenges and Mini Goals
- How Short Challenges and Mini Goals Work for Me
- One Simple Task to Help You Follow Through On Your Goals
March: My goal was to be in bed for 7 hours at least 5 nights of the week. I hit this goal a little too much. I just needed more sleep this month. There were mornings that I was not up before my girls and I missed my morning alone time!
April: I want to continue to be in bed for 7 hours each night, but try to be up before my girls. If you have trouble making sleep a priority, check out these helpful resources: Sleep It Does a Family Good and Make Over Your Mornings.
March: Workout 3-4 times per week and complete the 30-Day Pilates Body Challenge as part of my March Mini Goal. I completed my cardio at least 3 times each week. I completed most days of the 30 days of pilates, but often skipped it on my cardio days.
April: Cardio 3-4 times per week and finish the 30-Day Pilates Body workouts I did not complete in March.
Weekly “date” night with hubby
March: One movie, game or date night per week. We did this most of the weeks, if you count watching March Madness basketball?
April: Continue one movie, game or date night per week. We have been using VidAngel to watch movies at home. It’s just $1 per movie, we don’t have to leave the house to find a Red Box, and it’s not a subscription service. We have watched well over 10 movies with it and are happy with how easy and cheap it is. I wrote a post about VidAngel if you are curious how it works.
Monthly outing with our family
March: We met the cousins at a waterpark for a few days. It was the greatest time!
April: Plan one fun activity for the four of us in March.
Habit from my 12 Mini Goal Challenge
March: I didn’t complete all 30 days of the 30-Day Pilates Body Challenge (my March Mini Goal). I fit it in most days and will finish up the uncompleted workouts in April. Less evening snacking wasn’t even on my radar in March…
April: Complete my April goal of clearing my kitchen counters each evening. I am looking forward to waking up to a welcoming, clutter-free kitchen. Bonus points if I can complete this for my kitchen table too. Read more about my 12 Mini-Goals Challenge.
March: Read Daily Devotional New Testament: Through the New Testament in a Year every morning. This daily devotional includes two readings from the New Testament, a short reflection, a portion of the Psalms and a thoughts for prayer section. I enjoyed reading this devotion every morning. I have spent the last year or so changing up my daily devotion and I liked just having one that I go to every morning.
April: Continue to read Daily Devotional New Testament: Through the New Testament in a Year every morning.
Morning devotion with my girls
March: In February, I read a bible story to my girls at breakfast each morning. We all loved it and I wanted to continue to do this in March. I am disappointed that I got lazy on this goal and stopped reading the last half of March.
April: Read a daily devotion or bible story with my girls at breakfast each morning. We are currently reading First Bible Stories.
March: I wanted to finish Bringing Up Girls: Practical Advice and Encouragement for Those Shaping the Next Generation of Women. I have a few chapters to go on this important book. You need to pick this book up if you have daughters.
I also read and enjoyed Anchored: Finding Hope in the Unexpected.
April: Finish Bringing Up Girls: Practical Advice and Encouragement for Those Shaping the Next Generation of Women and read another book. I may move to a fiction book this month. I am considering Me Before You. Have you read it? Suggestions?
April: I can get lazy on going outside as I wait for the warm weather. My girls love playing in the backyard or at the park, so I need to get the girls playing outside at least twice per week.
March: My goal was to have a weekly decluttering session at home. – NOPE. I switched gears and this was not a priority this month.
April: My home goal is to keep the kitchen counters clear. (Plan your garden! Here is a free Garden Planner Printable for you to use.)
March: I enjoy doing my taxes. :) I will have to do research on how blogging income will come into play. – Almost done.
April: This obviously needs to be completed in April. I filed my taxes with e-file for 2019. It made the process much quicker and easier! See you are eligible to file for free or get 30% off your filing here.
March Blog Goals
- I joined Her View From Home as a contributor in March. You can read my first post as a contributor here.
- Publish “How to Start a Blog” post. – DONE! Read the step-by-step guide to setting up a WordPress blog. If you are considering starting a blog, I hope you find it helpful!
- Update Spring Cleaning Printable from last year. – DONE. Here is the updated Spring Cleaning Printable.
- Clean up the categories/navigation bar on my blog. – I didn’t get around to this.
- Research blogging income and taxes. – DONE.
- Set aside time to plan next printable workbook. – Nope.
- For one week in March: record how blogging time in spent. – Nope.
- Work ahead and plan out the 12 Mini-Goals Challenge for April. I would also like to map out a tentative plan for the rest of the year. – I am excited about my Mini-Goal for April, but I didn’t get around to planning out the rest of the year.
- Increase page views from February. – Yes, there was a small increase.
April Blog Goals
- Create one new printable.
- Clean up the categories/navigation bar on my blog.
- Figure out newsletter plan. I am approaching the maximum subscribers for a free account through Mailchimp. I have to figure out if I’m going to clean up my list or upgrade.
- Look into using Boardbooster for Pinterest. Update: Boardbooster is no longer. Use Tailwind instead.
- Pinterest update 2021: If you use Pinterest for your blog, join the Pinteresting Pins Subscription + Mastermind here!
- Work ahead and plan out the 12 Mini-Goals Challenge for May.
- Keep page views consistent with March’s page views.