My Monthly Goals…Why do I set them? Why do I share them here?
- Setting goals helps me remain focused.
- Sharing my goals helps to hold me accountable.
- I hope that it may inspire you to set goals for yourself.
Are you new to goal setting? Here are a few posts that may help or inspire you:
- How to Set Goals using Short Challenges and Mini Goals
- How Short Challenges and Mini Goals Work for Me
- One Simple Task to Help You Follow Through On Your Goals
July: I originally started my blog as a way to create an early morning habit. Read more about My Morning Motivation here. Due to my daughters waking up and pregnancy exhaustion, I was losing out on my morning time and tried to get it back.
After resetting my mornings in June didn’t work so well I wanted to get back on track in July. I got up around 6:30 consistently so I had 30-60 minutes before my daughters woke up most mornings. It helped that I am working on a new project so I was more motivated to get up and work on it in the morning!
August: Continue to wake up at 6:30 each morning. Possibly move it earlier?
If you have trouble making sleep a priority, check out these helpful resources:
- Sleep It Does a Family Good
- Make Over Your Mornings
- How to Create a Morning Routine (includes printable worksheets that I created)
July: Cardio 3-4 times per week. Try to walk
or run (I’m done with running this pregnancy!) at least once per week. DONE. I feel so much better when I continue to workout while pregnant!
August: Cardio 3-4 times per week. Try to walk at least once per week. Do you need tips on getting exercise into your daily life?
Weekly “date” night with hubby
July: One movie, game or date night per week. Done for most weeks?
August: Continue one movie, game or date night per week. We have been using VidAngel to watch movies at home. It’s just $1 per movie, we don’t have to leave the house to find a Red Box, and it’s not a subscription service. We have watched well over 20 movies with it and are happy with how easy and cheap it is. I wrote a post about VidAngel if you are curious how it works.
Monthly outing with our family
August: Plan one fun activity for the four of us in August.
Habit from my 12 Mini Goal Challenge
July: My goal was to increase and track my water intake. This was much easier than I thought! I started off the month being more intentional about how much water I was drinking and that is all I needed to get on track. If you need tips to increase your water intake, check out my tips and get the printable tracker here: 8 ways to Drink More Water Each Day.
Read more about my 12 Mini-Goals Challenge.
August: I know the importance of reading to children and reading has been key to my girls’ lives. We spend so much time with books. They love having books read to them and also enjoy looking through and “reading” books themselves. I am realizing that during the summer months we occasionally have days where reading is not a priority. In August I am going to read daily to my girls and track the time.
July: Read Daily Devotional New Testament: Through the New Testament in a Year every morning. This daily devotional includes two readings from the New Testament, a short reflection, a portion of the Psalms and a thoughts for prayer section. I enjoyed reading this devotion every morning. I have spent the last year or so changing up my daily devotion and I liked just having one that I go to every morning.
August: Continue to read Daily Devotional New Testament: Through the New Testament in a Year every morning.
Morning devotion with my girls
July: Read a daily devotion or bible story with my girls at breakfast each morning. I don’t know why I struggled with this goal so much in July. It’s such a great way to start our morning together and I want to get back into this routine.
August: Read a daily devotion or bible story with my girls at breakfast each morning. I wrote more about this new morning routine here.
July: I almost finished Gone South.
August: Read one book. I picked up The Mission of Motherhood: Touching Your Child’s Heart for Eternity from the library. I have heard good things about this book, so I may start it in August.
July: Backup pictures on my computer. Nope…
August: Plan mom’s group at church. Backup pictures on my computer? With a baby due this fall…find a new car?
July Blog Goals
- Now that I can make use of the additional features within the paid version of Mailchimp, I want to set up an automated sequence for new subscribers. This will save time once it’s set up. – Not completed.
- Set up e-mail sequences for purchasers of the Travel Planner Printable and Health and Wellness Printable Planner. The printables are sold via Gumroad and the e-mail addresses do not directly import into Mailchimp. – This is approximately 90% complete.
- Create a new e-mail opt-in to replace the 7 Habits to Add to Your Morning Routine Printable. – Yes! I created a set of worksheets to help you create a new morning routine. Read the post How to Create a Morning Routine or sign up for the worksheets here!
Because I tend to create a long list of blog to-dos, and don’t have the time to do them all, I am giving priority to the goals above and will move onto the goals below once they are done.
- Set aside time to plan next printable workbook or other printable project. Possibly based on the survey responses. – Yes!! I am excited about my newest project! I have an eBook/workbook that is launching in August. I based the product off of what I heard on my survey responses.
- Set up sharing schedule for new posts. Possibly make a printable for this? – Not started.
- Update About Me or Start Here page. – Nope.
August Blog Goals
- Launch eBook/workbook in August! Includes: finalize design in InDesign, cover design, figure out what to use for landing page (any suggestions??), set up sales pages, e-mail sales sequence, and quite a bit more…
- Set up automated sequence for eBook purchasers within Mailchimp.
- Research details on accountability group for anyone who purchases eBook in August. (Facebook group & e-mail automation)
- Set up automated sequence for new subscribers within Mailchimp.
- Complete set up for e-mail sequences for purchasers of the Travel Planner Printable and Health and Wellness Printable Planner.
- Work on two sponsored posts.
If you blog about goals, I would love to have you stop by the first Wednesday (at 7 AM EST/6 AM CST) of each month to linkup your goals post. We look forward to reading your posts and encourage you to look around at the other posts linked up here.
Please join us to share your goals and progress for the week, month, or year. We are all about building a positive community; please remember to read, comment on, and share the post of others.
- All forms of goal posts are welcome. They can be for a specific area in your life, or your general goals for the day, week, month, or year. We love to hear updates on your progress too. Please only link up posts involving goals.
- Make sure to use the URL specific to your post and not your blog’s homepage.
- Link back to With Grit & Grace with our image or link in your post or party page.
- Comment on the post prior to yours in the link-up. Support others through comments and shares.
- By linking up, you give us permission to feature an image on our blog and social media. Proper credit and links will be given.
- Join in on social media with: #withgritandgrace.
- We want to support you! Please follow your hosts in some way.
[inlinkz_linkup id=652987 mode=1]
This post includes affiliate links.