This post is part of my 12 Mini Goals Challenge.
Small daily habits can make a big difference over the course of a few weeks, months, or even longer. In 2016, I am going to focus on a new habit or mini goal every month. In January, I focused on Daily Movement or Exercise. In February, I focused on cutting down on evening snacking. In March, my goal was 30 days of pilates. In April, my goal was to clear my kitchen counters every night. In May, I attempted to clear out my closet 3 items at a time. In June, my goal was to reset my mornings and wake up earlier.
I know the importance of drinking water and I used to not have any trouble staying on top of it. When I worked a desk job a few years ago, I would guzzle water all day long. I probably reached the water recommendations by the time I left work. I never was thirsty because I was on top of my hydration.
Now that I am home with my girls, I don’t have a water bottle with me every minute of the day and drinking water is not the habit it used to be. Because it is summer (and I’m pregnant), I often have a feeling of thirst and I know that means I am dehydrated. In July, I am going to try and stay on top of my water intake.
My July Mini Goal: Drink More Water (80 ounces of water per day)
How will I do this? I will follow these steps:
- I will drink 8-16 ounces of water right away in the morning. This will be before my morning coffee.
- I will keep my water bottle close to me during the day. This is the water bottle I use and love.
- I will track my progress in 8-ounce increments. Printable below!
- I will reevaluate the goal of 80 ounces throughout the month. Because it is summer and I am pregnant, 80 ounces may not be enough water, especially on days that I am outside in the sun or on days that I exercise.
Your July Mini Goal: Increase and track your water intake.
If you need to be reminded of the benefits of drinking water, check out the following links:
- 34 Proven Ways Water Makes You Awesome
- 6 Reasons to Drink Water
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water
If you want to join me, print off the July Challenge Tracker. Place an X in each box as you drink your decided amount of water. I also track multiple goals on my calendars, and the calendar leaves room for additional notes each day. It’s nice to have them written down all in one place. Use the hashtag #12minigoals on Instagram to show me your progress.
Let me know if you decide to join! How much water will you be drinking in July?
If you want to focus on Health & Wellness in July and want to record your goals and track your progress, check out my Health and Wellness Printable Planner.
Use the Health and Wellness Planner to:
- Plan and track your fitness, nutrition, and wellness goals and habits
- Create action steps necessary to fulfill your goals
- Bring your new healthy habits into your daily schedule
- Plan and track your workouts
- Plan and track your meals
- Track your vitamins, supplements, and other medications
- List your favorite resources to aid and motivate you on your health journey
Hold yourself accountable with your health goals with this printable planner. The Health and Wellness Printable Planner includes 9 pages. Use them all or pick and choose based on the plan that works best for you. The entire planner is undated so you can start using the planner at anytime throughout the year.
I would love to have you join the 12 Mini Goals Challenge. Sign up for my mailing list if you want to be e-mailed the challenge each month. If we get to a month where the goal doesn’t fit into your life, you can always tweak it to be a mini goal that works for you.
This post contains affiliate links.
Stop by to see where I link up each week: Link-Ups