Do you struggle when trying to pick out bridal shower games? I know that some attendees enjoy them and some attendees prefer to skip them. I enjoy a good bridal shower or baby shower game, but some games are definitely better than others. I especially enjoy the games that you would play without attending a shower.
My first shower game of choice? Scattergories. I enjoy playing the game with my family in a non-shower situation. I figure if it’s a game well-suited for any game night, it is more likely to be a crowd-pleaser at a shower. I will share a free scattergories printable to use at the next shower you throw (in a 4 different colors) and also a quick summary of the rules.
Print the Bridal Shower Scattergories printable in PINK. More colors below!
- The hostess will pick 3 letters to use for the game. Pick the initials of the bride, use the letters W E D, roll an alphabet die, or just pick 3 random letters.
- Each shower attendee will write the chosen letter in the circle above the first column.
- Set a timer for 3 minutes (or whatever time you choose).
- Each attendee fills out each category with a word that starts with the selected letter. Everyone tries to fill out as many as they can for 3 minutes. For example, if the letter chosen was “S”, the wedding gift answer could be “spatula”.
- Once the 3 minutes are over, go around the room to have everyone share their answers. If an attendee has an answer that no one else has, they get 1 point. If two or more attendees have the same answer, no one gets a point. (Bonus points if you come up with an answer that uses the selected letter twice. For what the bride wears, “silver shoes” would get 2 points instead of just 1.)
- The attendee with the most points wins that round!
- Repeat with a different letter for the second column.
What is your favorite bridal shower game to play?
Stop by to see where I link-up my posts each week: Link-Up List