Have you ever wanted to try Stitch Fix? Special Promo:
You can now get $50 free credit (instead of the usual $25) from Stitch Fix!!
The morning sets the tone for your entire day. If your morning starts off chaotic and you already feel behind, it can become hard to catch up.
If you do just a bit of prep and think ahead your morning will feel much better. I don’t like to start my day with impatience (on my part) and crabbiness and tears (on my children’s side), so I set the goal to have a smooth morning!
Here are a few tips for a smooth morning:
Review your weekly schedule on Sunday evening. Either spend just a few minutes going over the schedule for the week or have a full planning session with meal planning, budget review, and all that. I just typically do a quick skim a few days before the week starts so I know what is coming up. I don’t like to be caught off guard with something I forgot!
Prepare the night before. A great morning starts the evening before. Doing a few minutes of prep at night helps keep morning stress down.
- Make sure your children’s clothing is picked out and backpacks are packed and by the door. (Put some of this responsibility on them!)
- Program your coffee maker. (Wake up to your Bulletproof Coffee)
- Put lunches together.
Spend a few minutes going over tomorrow’s schedule. If you are looking for a planner to help you organize, check out my Planner Comparison and Review here.
Your mind will be more at ease when going to bed, knowing that you just took care of a bit of your morning stress.
Get everyone to bed early!
You are doing your child a HUGE favor if you prioritize their sleep. You are setting them up for a much better day at school if they are well-rested.
If you have trouble making sleep a priority, check out these helpful resources:
- Sleep It Does a Family Good: How Busy Families Can Overcome Sleep Deprivation
- Sleep Smarter: 21 Essential Strategies to Sleep Your Way to A Better Body, Better Health, and Bigger Success
- Make Over Your Mornings
- How to Create a Morning Routine (includes printable worksheets that I created)
Get your kids on a routine. Check out these free Morning and Evening Routine printables from KiwiCo! Use the schedules to help kids stay organized, get out the door for school, and wind down for a good night’s sleep.
- Daily Walk with God: Meditations for Every Day
- The One Year At His Feet Devotional
- Write the Word journals