Do you need a planner for 2024? Check out my Planner Comparison and Review HERE!
My Goals…Why do I set them? Why do I share them here?
- Setting goals helps me remain focused.
- Sharing my goals helps to hold me accountable.
- I hope that it may inspire you to set goals for yourself? Give it a try! Start small if it seems overwhelming or like too much work. Or maybe it seems pointless to you? Give it a shot and see what you think.
Are you new to goal setting? Here are a few posts that may help or inspire you:
- How to Set Goals using Short Challenges and Mini Goals
- How Short Challenges and Mini Goals Work for Me
- One Simple Task to Help You Follow Through On Your Goals
Wake-up & bedtimes
October: My goal was to be in bed for 7 hours most nights of the week. My girls are starting to get up earlier, so I wanted to move my nights to 11:00 – 6:00. I slowly moved my bedtime and wake up time earlier and met this goal by the end of the month. It’s much easier to wake up at 6 when I am working on a project that I’m excited about.
If you have trouble making sleep a priority, check out these helpful resources:
November: Be in bed from 11:00 – 6:00.
October: Read 2 books.
Money-Making Mom – scheduled to release November 3
November: Read 1 book.
October: My goal was to workout 4 times per week with at least 2 runs per week. Done.
November: Work out 4 times per week.
Weekly “date” night with hubby
October: We enjoyed our first weekend trip away from our girls. We went to Chicago early October and loved it. We strolled around the city, enjoyed great restaurants, and also took the architecture boat tour. I highly recommend the boat tour!
November: One movie, game or date night per week in November.
Organize, Declutter, Simplify
October: My schedule doesn’t allow for hours of deep cleaning or decluttering, so I often give myself a pass. My goal was to do 4 small non-maintenance cleaning or decluttering tasks per week. Completed every week, but the last week of October I fell behind.
October: Homeschool preschool for my girl. I wanted to have the week’s plan in place every Sunday night. I use the term “week’s plan” loosely here, as I have a relaxed agenda. During the one week that I did not think ahead, we did very little. Taking a few minutes on Sunday seemed to help.
October: We have enjoyed the most beautiful October! I never appreciate fall as I should because I view fall as the season before winter and cold. This year I chose to focus on the beauty of fall and enjoyed the season instead of just focusing on the dread of cold weather. The warm fall has helped my attitude. :)
November: Try and spend time outside each week as winter is coming…for now I will enjoy this:
October Blog Goals
- Focus on managing blog/work time. When I started blogging, I soon found out that there are so many ways to be busy with blog work. As I thought of my blog/work goals it became apparent that I need to make sure my time on the computer is focused and in line with my goals. I started making changes in July and have continued to tweak along the way. ~ Because I added a new project in October, I was more focused when on the computer.
- Make a simple blogging/editorial schedule. ~ Nope.
- Set weekly goals on new project. ~ I started a new project that I am excited about! I signed up for a 30-day trial to Adobe InDesign. I have been intrigued by the program, so I am using the trial period to see if it’s the right program for me. I am sharing more of the process with my e-mail newsletter, feel free to sign up if you want to follow along! I wanted to set goals every week in October, but it’s hard to set specific goals around a program that is brand new to me. I had no idea how quick (or how slow) I would pick up on it!
I have been posting updates on instagram: here, here and here.
November Blog Goals
- I would like to set weekly goals on my new project.
- Send weekly updates to newsletter subscribers. I decided to not blog about my new project as I am unsure how it will all play out. I will be sending my subscribers weekly updates on the project.
- Include weekly printables from my InDesign experimentation in the weekly update. Sign up to follow along and get the weekly printable.
- Plan out a loose blogging/editorial calendar for November and December.
Track your goals in a planner. Do you need a planner for 2021? Check out my Planner Comparison and Review HERE!
Do you make monthly goals? Feel free to link to your November goals in a comment. I enjoy reading goal lists. I find encouragement hearing what others are desiring to focus on.