Shop the Holiday Collection here…grab a few gift sets for your friends and family.
Sign up as a Preferred Client for FREE in October 2021. You’ll get 20-40% off everything for a full year. Plus a free full-sized gift upon signup. Learn more about being a Preferred Client here.
Do you want to save even more and share with your friends? Learn more about becoming a Consultant here.
My Goals…Why do I set them? Why do I share them here?
- Setting goals helps me remain focused.
- Sharing my goals helps to hold me accountable.
- I hope that it may inspire you to set goals for yourself? Give it a try! Start small if it seems overwhelming or like too much work. Or maybe it seems pointless to you? Give it a shot and see what you think.
Are you new to goal setting? Here are a few posts that may help or inspire you:
- How to Set Goals using Short Challenges and Mini Goals
- How Short Challenges and Mini Goals Work for Me
- One Simple Task to Help You Follow Through On Your Goals
Wake-up & bedtimes
September: My goal was to be in bed for 7 hours most (5-6) nights of the week. I am better at making sleep a priority and I completed this goal. Because my girls are starting to get up earlier, I wanted to move my nights to 11:00 – 6:00. I failed here, because I am having trouble getting to bed by 11. Because I am forcing myself to adjust my alarm clock depending on my bedtime and my girls are waking earlier, I am starting to lose out on my morning alone time. (Not good!)
If you have trouble making sleep a priority, check out these helpful resources:
October: My goal is to be in bed for 7 hours most nights of the week. I was shooting for 11:00 – 6:00 in September, but it ended up closer to 11:30 (or 12) – 6:30 many nights. My girls are starting to get up earlier, so I would like to try to move my nights to 11:00 – 6:00.
September: Read 1 book.
Beyond Time-Out: From Chaos to Calm This book gave me a few ideas to work with.
October: Read 1 book.
September: My goal was to run at least 3 times per week, preferably 4. I wanted to continue with my training plan until my 10K on September 27. I signed up for the race even though I knew I wouldn’t be able to run a time quick enough for my standards. I learned my lesson last year that there are more important lessons to learn than focusing only on my final race time.
I ran my 10K. It was a beautiful route and a warm day! Thankfully I don’t mind the heat when running.
October: Work out 4 times per week. Because it is still warm out, I would like to make sure I get outside to run twice per week.
Weekly “date” night with hubby
September: One movie, game or date night in September. ~ I don’t think this happened??
October: We are planning our first weekend trip away from our girls!
September: Our garden is basically done, so my goal was to not waste the CSA vegetables. I have wasted the beets every single week. There was also a lone turnip that was wasted. Most of the recipes called for more than one turnip and it didn’t make sense to buy even more of a veggie I wasn’t excited about.
October: The CSA is almost done. No goal.
Other September Goals
- Continue planning for the fall session of my church’s mom group. ~ No more planning. We started meeting mid-September.
- We decided not to send our 4-year old to preschool and send her to one day of ECFE (Early Childhood Family Education) instead. I wanted to plan for a little preschool at home and start mid-September. ~ I have the first few weeks planned. We started last week and so far she loves it! This goal will continue throughout the year.
- Enjoy the outdoors before it starts to get even chillier. ~ Done! We had a hot late-September. It felt like summer and we loved it!
New October Goals
Organize, Declutter, Simplify
My schedule doesn’t allow for hours of deep cleaning or decluttering, so I often give myself a pass. In September, I scheduled in a few cleaning or decluttering tasks that took only 20-30 minutes and it felt good to get them done! Starting the week of October 12, I would like to do 4 small projects each week.
Homeschool preschool for my girl. I would like to make sure I have the week’s plan in place every Sunday night.
September Blog Goals
- Focus on managing blog/work time. When I started blogging, I soon found out that there are so many ways to be busy with blog work. As I thought of my blog/work goals it became apparent that I need to make sure my time on the computer is focused and in line with my goals. I started making changes in July and August and wanted to continue to do so in Septmember. ~ Work in progress. Continue in October.
- I was considering joining #write31Days. It is an online challenge where bloggers pick a topic and write a post every day in October. ~ Nope. This is not a time commitment I should make right now. I cannot make my days resolve around getting a post out every day. It intrigues me though and I would consider trying it out at some point.
October Blog Goals
- Make a simple blogging/editorial schedule.
- I am going to get moving on a project I have been considering. I do not often put date deadlines on my blogging goals. I know that it would be helpful, but I often take a more relaxed approach on blog goals so my blog time doesn’t consume the time with my girls. I do want to get going on this project, so I am going to actually set deadlines for myself. My goal is to set weekly goals (and complete them!) on this new project.
Do you make monthly goals? Feel free to link to your October goals in a comment. I enjoy reading goal lists. I find encouragement hearing what others are desiring to focus on.
This post includes affiliate links.
Stop by to see where I link-up my posts each week: Link-Up List