How are you wired for sleep? Are you a night owl or morning person? Grab the free guide How Are You Wired to Sleep?, and discover what normal sleep cycles look like.
Both my girls were up much earlier than planned, which required me to change my perspective and choose thankfulness instead.
Before 6 AM, I knew that this morning would not be a productive one in checking items off my to-do list. It would instead include cuddle time with the girls and be productive in a different, yet rich meaningful way.
I was able to steal away a few quick minutes. With only a few minutes, I had to choose carefully how to spend it. What did I choose?
Coffee and a quick devotion. I figured that both would help to power me through the day. The coffee will give me the caffeine needed. (Bulletproof Coffee gives you added benefits! Read the Science Behind a Good Night’s Sleep from Bulletproof.) Spending a few minutes in God’s Word can help me to start the day off with more perspective and patience.
Whether you have a strict morning routine or a flexible non-routine, include a few minutes of an incentive to help you get up and start your day. My mainstay is coffee. If time allows, I may add a quick cup of hot lemon water before I have my coffee. Regardless of anything else going on in the morning, I try to steal away at least a few minutes quietly sipping my coffee.
Find your morning treat or reward:
- Coffee – try Bulletproof Coffee.
- Hot lemon water
- A special breakfast
- Walk around the block
- Devotion and prayer – Suggested resources: Daily Walk with God: Meditations for Every Day, The One Year At His Feet Devotional, Write the Word journals
- Brief yoga session or morning stretch
- 5 minute cardio session – I created a Burpee Challenge for myself and spent mornings doing burpees. It’s a great energy boost to start your day!
- Quiet conversation with your spouse
- 5 minutes on your front porch – fresh air!
- 30 seconds on your front porch if you live in the mid-west. It is December…
What refreshes you? What can be done in 5 minutes? Find out and give yourself the gift of a few minutes starting your day off right! If your morning has been derailed and not one item is checked off your to-do, move on. But do try and give yourself a few minutes.
This post is from day 5 of my journey to make the most of my mornings by creating an early morning wake-up habit. Read all about it here: How to Enjoy an Early, Joyful, and Productive Morning.
If you really want to learn more about and improve your sleep, don’t miss The Your Best Sleep Ever Summit.
This free online summit will help you with:
● Rebounding from sleep deficits after childbirth
● Issues linked to prescription sleep medication
● Supplements, herbs and diet tips for better sleep
● Strategies to reduce stress and optimize sleep quality
● Improving brain function while you sleep
● Creating a low-EMF sleep sanctuary
● And so much more!
When you register for Your Best Sleep Ever Summit, you’ll also unlock early access to interviews, free guides and helpful eBooks about sleep health.
Do you need a step-by-step plan to help plan your morning? To help you find your motivators and rewards for the morning? Crystal at Money Saving Mom is offering a 14-day online course called Make Over Your Mornings. This course is the perfect tool to guide you in making the most of your mornings…and your entire day. It only takes approximately 15 minutes per day to complete the short video, chapter reading and task for the day.
This post contains affiliate links.
Stop by to see where I link-up my posts each week: Link-Up List