My Monthly Goals…Why do I set them? Why do I share them here?
- Setting goals helps me remain focused.
- Sharing my goals helps to hold me accountable.
- I hope that it may inspire you to set goals for yourself.
Are you new to goal setting? Here are a few posts that may help or inspire you:
- How to Set Goals using Short Challenges and Mini Goals
- How Short Challenges and Mini Goals Work for Me
- One Simple Task to Help You Follow Through On Your Goals
May: My goal was to work through my girl’s sleep issues and try to get up before the girls most mornings. The sleeping issues are slightly better and so I have been able to get up before my girls most mornings.
June: If you have been around my blog for a while you may know that I originally started it as a way to create an early morning habit. Read more about My Morning Motivation here. Due to the sleeping issues with one of my daughters and pregnancy exhaustion, my mornings reverted back. I still get up a little before my daughters, but I am missing the hour or so I used to have every morning. My mini goal for June focuses on resetting my mornings. My goal is to get up at 6 AM every morning.
If you have trouble making sleep a priority, check out these helpful resources: Sleep It Does a Family Good and Make Over Your Mornings.
May: Cardio 3-4 times per week. Try to walk or run at least once per week. DONE.
June: Cardio 3-4 times per week. Try to walk or run at least once per week. Do you need tips on getting exercise into your daily life?
Weekly “date” night with hubby
May: One movie, game or date night per week. I believe we did this every week.
June: Continue one movie, game or date night per week. We have been using VidAngel to watch movies at home. It’s just $1 per movie, we don’t have to leave the house to find a Red Box, and it’s not a subscription service. We have watched well over 20 movies with it and are happy with how easy and cheap it is. I wrote a post about VidAngel if you are curious how it works.
Monthly outing with our family
May: Plan one fun activity for the four of us in May. We didn’t make it to the Farmer’s Market, but we made two cabin trips and went to an outdoor The Okee Dokee Brothers concert.
June: Plan one fun activity for the four of us in June. I hope to head to the Farmer’s Market this month.
Habit from my 12 Mini Goal Challenge
May: My goal was to slowly clean out my clothing closets. I think this was my first failed goal in this challenge. I wasn’t all that motivated and that didn’t help. I made some progress, but not nearly enough. The one thing that I found helped was requesting a bag from thredUP. When selling with thredUP, they send a bag for you to fill up and sent back to them at no cost. After receiving the bag, I did spend time going through and finding clothes to put in the bag to mail back and send. Read more about my 12 Mini-Goals Challenge.
June: Due to the sleeping issues with one of my daughters and pregnancy exhaustion I have been missing out on the hour or so I used to have every morning. My Mini Goal in June is to reset my mornings and get up at 6 AM every morning.
May: Read Daily Devotional New Testament: Through the New Testament in a Year every morning. This daily devotional includes two readings from the New Testament, a short reflection, a portion of the Psalms and a thoughts for prayer section. I enjoyed reading this devotion every morning. I have spent the last year or so changing up my daily devotion and I liked just having one that I go to every morning.
June: Continue to read Daily Devotional New Testament: Through the New Testament in a Year every morning.
Morning devotion with my girls
May: Read a daily devotion or bible story with my girls at breakfast each morning. After having a bad sleeping month and getting lazy on this goal in April, I stayed more consistent in May. It helped to track it on my calendar as writing down and tracking my goals is key for me.
June: Read a daily devotion or bible story with my girls at breakfast each morning. I wrote more about this new morning routine here.
May: Read 2 books: I finished A Proper Pursuit by Lynn Austin and only got partway through Brooklyn.
June: Finish Brooklyn and read one more book. I may finally pick up The Light Between Oceans. Have you read it?
May: Get the girls outside to play at least 4 times per week. Except for one week of rain, we had no trouble reaching this goal.
June: Get the girls outside to play at least 5 times per week.
May Blog Goals
- Create one new printable. – The printable has been created, but I have not yet posted it on the blog.
- Get a better Boardbooster plan. – Not yet done.
- Set up a Blogging Resources Page. DONE! Read about my Top Blogging Tools & Resources here.
- Set up sharing schedule for new posts. Possibly make a printable for this? – Not done.
- Clean up the categories/navigation bar on my blog. – Not done.
- Set aside time to plan next printable workbook?? – Not done.
June Blog Goals
- Post new printable.
- Promote Ultimate Homemaking Bundle Flash Sale. June 2 & 3 are the last days to get this bundle of $1,000+ homemaking resources for under $30.
- Clean up mailing list. I am using the free account through Mailchimp, which limits the number of subscribers. I cleaned up my list a few month ago, but keep approaching my 2,000 subscriber max. I need to clean up my list to delete old, inactive subscribers.
- Once room is opened up for new subscribers, add a content upgrade to 10 Habits to Add to Your Evening Routine.
- Send a survey to readers.
- Look into adding CommentLuv for commenting. Do you have any experience with this? Good? Bad?
- Get a better Boardbooster plan.
- Set up sharing schedule for new posts. Possibly make a printable for this?
- Set aside time to plan next printable workbook or other printable project.
- Schedule new morning time three times per week to work on above goals.
If you blog about goals, I would love to have you stop by the first Wednesday (at 7 AM EST/6 AM CST) of each month to linkup your goals post. We look forward to reading your posts and encourage you to look around at the other posts linked up here.
Please join us to share your goals and progress for the week, month, or year. We are all about building a positive community; please remember to read, comment on, and share the post of others.
- All forms of goal posts are welcome. They can be for a specific area in your life, or your general goals for the day, week, month, or year. We love to hear updates on your progress too. Please only link up posts involving goals.
- Make sure to use the URL specific to your post and not your blog’s home page.
- Link back to With Grit & Grace with our image or link in your post or party page.
- Comment on the post prior to yours in the link-up. Support others through comments and shares.
- By linking up, you give us permission to feature an image on our blog and social media. Proper credit and links will be given.
- Join in on social media with: #withgritandgrace.
- We want to support you! Please follow your hosts in some way.
This post includes affiliate links.
Stop by to see where I link-up my posts each week: Link-Up List and Blog with Intention