Do you struggle when trying to pick out bridal shower games? I know that some attendees enjoy them and some attendees prefer to skip them. I enjoy a good bridal shower or baby shower game, but some games are definitely better than others. I especially enjoy the games that you would play without attending a shower.
My first shower game of choice? Scattergories. I enjoy playing the game with my family in a non-shower situation. I figure if it’s a game well-suited for any game night, it is more likely to be a crowd-pleaser at a shower. I will share a free scattergories printable to use at the next shower you throw (in a 4 different colors) and also a quick summary of the rules.
Print the Bridal Shower Scattergories printable in PINK. More colors below!
- The hostess will pick 3 letters to use for the game. Pick the initials of the bride, use the letters W E D, roll an alphabet die, or just pick 3 random letters.
- Each shower attendee will write the chosen letter in the circle above the first column.
- Set a timer for 3 minutes (or whatever time you choose).
- Each attendee fills out each category with a word that starts with the selected letter. Everyone tries to fill out as many as they can for 3 minutes. For example, if the letter chosen was “S”, the wedding gift answer could be “spatula”.
- Once the 3 minutes are over, go around the room to have everyone share their answers. If an attendee has an answer that no one else has, they get 1 point. If two or more attendees have the same answer, no one gets a point. (Bonus points if you come up with an answer that uses the selected letter twice. For what the bride wears, “silver shoes” would get 2 points instead of just 1.)
- The attendee with the most points wins that round!
- Repeat with a different letter for the second column.
Print the Bridal Shower Scattergories printable in PINK.
Print the Bridal Shower Scattergories printable in TEAL.
Print the Bridal Shower Scattergories printable in BLUE.
Print the Bridal Shower Scattergories printable in GREEN.
What is your favorite bridal shower game to play?
Stop by to see where I link-up my posts each week: Link-Up List