Standard Disclosure: In order to support my blogging activities and provide free content on this blog, I may receive a commission if you purchase from the links in this post.
I know that it’s common for moms to neglect their health. They are often too busy taking care of their families that they forget about their own health and wellness. It’s just not worth pushing aside your health!
While I don’t exercise as often as I used to and I splurge (often…you wouldn’t believe the amount of sweets I can consume!) on desserts, I make sure I am giving my health some attention.
- I am a more patient wife and mother when I get the chance to exercise a few days each week, so I don’t feel bad that I make this a priority.
- I know that food is fuel and I have more energy when I eat better.
- I finally learned the importance of sleep and having a well-rested family!
The morning is a great time to start your day off right with a few healthy habits. Here are a few tips on how to have a healthy morning:
Minimize morning stress by allowing for extra time
It’s stressful to wake up late and scramble around all morning. Save yourself the stress and set your alarm earlier than you need to, even if it’s just 10-15 minutes. Adding extra time can help your day start in a calm and relaxed manner. It also gives you wiggle room if something comes up and your morning is derailed. If you have children, you might need more than 10 extra minutes scheduled in!
Spend a few minutes planning your day
Go over your calendar and make sure you know what is on the schedule for the day. If you don’t meal plan weekly, the morning is a great time to think about what is for dinner. You are more likely to prepare a healthy dinner if you think ahead and aren’t forced to scramble at dinner-time.
One of the first things you should do each morning is drink a large glass of water. You wake up dehydrated and this is the perfect way to get your body ready for the day! I try to drink a glass a water before I start in on coffee. Here are 8 Ways to Drink More Water Every Day.
Drink warm, lemon water
Meet your hydration goals by starting the morning with warm lemon water. This is a quick and easy drink to add to your morning. Here are some of the benefits of lemon water.
Eat a healthy breakfast
I am sure that I don’t need to tell you that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You have fasted all night and your body needs fuel to start your day and to get your metabolism going!
I feel so much better when I have started my morning off with a healthy breakfast. I like to have my breakfast satisfying enough that I do not want to snack all morning. I leave room for plenty of splurges in my diet, but breakfast is the one meal that I try to always keep healthy. If my diet is less than stellar the rest of the day it’s nice to know that I got it right for one meal!
I typically start my day with one of the following: oatmeal, yogurt & granola, eggs, or a smoothie. If you need smoothie ideas, check out Super Simple Smoothies as part of the Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle:
This is my main stress reliever. I start to get unpleasant when I go too long without exercise! If you are not exercising consistently, start by adding small amounts of exercise into your day. If you have trouble getting motivated, remember that the first step out the door is the hardest. Once you get out and exercise, you will rarely (if ever!) regret it.
Try this quick Wake-Up Workout, one of the many free resources on this list, or consider the fitness resources included in the Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle:
Find your morning incentive
Figure out what quick activity or treat refreshes and relaxes you. If that gives you a little more patience to get you through the day…schedule it in!!
Consider vitamins or supplements based on your needs
While I try to get most of my nutrients from foods, I supplement based on my current needs. While pregnant this includes a prenatal, Vitamin D, and fish oil. I am adding in a probiotic as I get closer to delivery, in case I need to be on an antibiotic as I was with my other two deliveries.
If you are considering probiotics for your family, check out A Mother’s Guide to Probiotics as part of the Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle.
I add more Vitamin C and zinc to my daughter’s diets as the cold season approaches.
Do you start your day off with healthy habits?
Do you feel the need to reset your Health? Are you overwhelmed by healthy living?
One of the biggest reasons why we don’t make changes in our lives is that even though we know we should, we sometimes don’t know how.
- Have you known for some time that you need to make changes to your lifestyle, but you’re just not sure where to start or how to do it?
- Have you been eyeing some eBooks and eCourses on healthy living, but they’ve been a bit too expensive to justify (especially since you don’t know if they’re any good)?
- Are you eager to start using natural remedies and see how they can change your life for the better?
- Do you want to make lasting changes to the way you and your family eat, but without a bunch of trial and error?
If any of these questions resonate with you, I invite you to pick up The Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle (2016 Edition), which contains 83 hand-picked, high-quality eBooks and eCourses that will get you and your family on the path to health and wellness. I am excited to have my Health & Wellness Printable Planner in the Bundle this year. There are also over $250 in bonuses included!
The resources cover: Alternative Health, DIY Beauty & Skincare, Essential Oils & Natural Remedies, Fitness & Weight Loss, Women Issues, Gardening & Homesteading, Gluten- & Grain-Free, Healthy Kids, Healthy Lifestyle, Paleo, Real Food & Nutrition, and Recipes.
The combined value of everything in the bundle is over $2,400, but you get it all for 98% off! Through Monday, September 26, the entire set is available for $29.97. It breaks down to under 30 cents per book or course.
So here’s everything you get when you buy The Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle:
- A comprehensive collection of 83 eBooks and eCourses covering almost everything you could want to know about how to keep yourself and your family in the best of health, including how to…
- use essential oils and natural remedies,
- cook real food your family will love,
- breathe new life into your exercise habits,
- raise exceptionally healthy kids in an unhealthy world,
- and so much more…
- A unique Getting Started Guide to help you pinpoint exactly which resources are right for you right now, so you can take action immediately.
- Over $250 worth of incredible (and mostly physical) bonus offers from healthy living companies I’m excited about, including supplements, herbal tinctures, natural beauty and skincare products, maca powder, mineral makeup and more.
The Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle stands behind what they provide. They provide an Ultimate Bundles 30-day guarantee, so you can make sure it’s right for you.
Buy your bundle by Monday, September 26!
Stop by to see where I link up each week: Link-Ups